Dr. William Nantz, a Beaumont native, graduated Phi Betta Kapa from the University of Texas and subsequently completed his formal education at the University of Texas Dental Branch, graduating in 1978. Following over seven years of service United States Army Dental Corps, including a General Practice Residency, he returned to Beaumont and began his private practice in 1982.
He is a member of the American Dental Association, the Texas Dental Association, and the Dental Society of Southeast Texas. In addition, he is a long time member of the Academy of General Dentistry, and earned his Mastership from the organization in 2013. He has been in remarks, active in organized dentistry at the local, state, and national levels and constantly pursues continuing education opportunities.
His other awards, memberships, and activities include:
- Fellow, American College of Dentists
- Fellow, International College of Dentists
- Former Vice-President Texas Dental Association
- Chair, Texas Meeting (2010)
- Nominee, Texas Academy of General Dentistry Dentist of the Year
- Member, Academy of General Dentistry Scientific Meeting Council
Dr. Nantz and his wife Shirley have one son James, one dog, and two cats.